Learn How to Crochet

October 27, 2016

If you stumbled upon my blog and would like to make one of my crochet design but you are still not familiar with the basics on how to crochet, please check my video for beginners below:


Learn how to hold your yarn, crochet hook and basic stitches (chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet, double treble crochet).

Please note that in this tutorial I am using United States version. United Kingdom version is different from the US version. 

US = UK
skip = miss
sl st (slip stitch) = sc (single crochet)
sc (single crochet) = dc (double crochet)
hdc (half double crochet) = htr (half treble crochet)
tr (treble crochet) = dtr (double treble crochet)
dtr (double treble crochet) = ttr (triple treble crochet)

If you want to learn more about each of these stitches in detail, please watch my other videos on my YouTube channel. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like on Facebook

Instagram (@thehappyunraveler)

Subscribe