Coxa Bikini Bottom


 Wohooo finally!! I made a partner for the Coxa Bikini Top. Actually I made the pattern last year but I hesitated whether I should share the pattern or not because I was so frustrated with the edging. It doesn't look good and I kept changing the pattern. So I left the project for a while and continue to make another project 😅.

 Then I resumed to make this bottom, filmed the tutorial, started to edit the video and guess what happened? I lost some of the clips, I don't even remember whether I accidentally deleted or I did not filmed it at all. So I abandoned this project again because, one I can't get the edging right, two I don't have that one short but crucial part of the video, and three I still don't like the edging. 

 Days gone by and I saw this bottom lying lifeless, cannot come to life with his partner and my heart just can't take it anymore😳 So I picked him up, redo the missing part of the video, rewrite the pattern and now I am so happy at last he can be with his partner Coxa Bikini Top!...okay forgive me for talking nonsense I'm just happy for him haha.. So for those who have been asking where he is? He is here!!!!

 Anyway I hope you get the idea how to make a bikini bottom from the tutorial and if you don't like the edging just like me, try to create your own pattern but if you like it thank you so much.

😊Together let's make a better crochet bikini bottom😂

 And I made a table for the sizes so it will be easier for you to refer instead of including all the sizes in the written pattern. What do you think? 




~If you don’t understand any part of this pattern, please refer to the video tutorial.

You can buy the ads-free clean printable PDF version of this pattern here.


Size
(XS/S, S/M, M/L, L/XL)

Yarn
Blended sport weight yarn. 
You can use any type of yarn you prefer. Approximately (50,50,60,60)g.

Hook
3.0 mm or any size needed to obtain gauge.

Gauge
A row of 7 dc  = 1.0 x 0.5 inch

Stitches used
Chain stitch (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), double crochet (dc).

Abbreviation: 
Wrong side (WS), right side (RS), stitches (sts), space (sp), next (nxt), round (rnd).


Size
Foundation Chain
Rows of Decrease
Rows of Even sts
Rows of Increase
Total No. of Rows
XS/S
47
18
6
21
45
S/M
51
20
6
23
49
M/L
55
21
6
24
51
L/XL
59
23
6
26
55

Instructions are for size XS/S. 
Follow the same exact pattern and refer to the table how many rows you need for other sizes.

Instructions

Size
XS/S 

Foundation chain:
Make a slip knot and ch 47.

Decrease

Row 1(RS): 
Dc in 5th ch from hook, dc across until 2 sts left, skip nxt st, dc in last st. Turn.

Row 2(WS)-18: 
Ch 3, skip nxt st, dc in each st across until 2 sts left, skip nxt st, dc in last st. Turn.

Even

Row 19-24: 
Ch 3, dc in each sts across. Turn.

Increase

Row 25: 
Ch 4, dc in first st, dc in each sts across until 1 sts left, (dc, ch 1, dc) in last st. Turn.

Row 26-45: 
Ch 4, dc in nxt ch-1-sp, dc in each sts across, dc under the first ch 4, ch 1, dc in 3rd ch of first ch 4. Turn.

Edging

~If you don't want to follow this pattern for the edging, you can just single crochet around for a simple and plain edging~ 

Round 1:
Left Side: *Ch 6, skip nxt row, sl st in nxt row*, repeat *to* across, sl st in top of dc st. Continue on top.

Top: Ch 6, skip ch-1-sp and nxt 2 sts, sl st in nxt st, *ch 6, skip nxt 3 sts, sl st in nxt st*, repeat *to* across, sl st in 3rd ch of first ch 4.

Right Side: *Ch 6, skip nxt row, sl st in nxt row*, repeat *to* across, sl st in 3rd ch of first ch 4. Continue on the bottom.

Bottom: Ch 6, skip ch-1-sp and nxt 2 sts, sl st in nxt st, *ch 6, skip nxt 3 sts, sl st in nxt st*, repeat *to* across, skip nxt 2 sts and ch-1-sp, sl st in nxt st.

Round 2:
Left Side: *Ch 4, sl st in ch-6-sp*, repeat *to* across, ch 4, sl st in top of dc st. Continue on top.

Top: *Ch 5, sl st in nxt ch-6-sp*, repeat *to* across, sl st in 3rd ch of first ch 4.

Right side: *Ch 4, sl st in ch-6-sp*, repeat *to* across, ch 4, , sl st in 3rd ch of first ch 4. Continue on the bottom.

Bottom: *Ch 5, sl st in nxt ch-6-sp*, repeat *to* across, sl st in top of dc st.

Round 3:
Left Side: 3 sc in ch-4-sp across.

Top: 3 sc in first ch-5-sp, *ch 5, sl st in nxt ch-5-sp*, repeat *to* across, 3 sc in the last ch-5-sp.

Right Side: 3 sc in ch-4-sp across.

Bottom: 3 sc in first ch-5-sp, *ch 5, sl st in nxt ch-5-sp*, repeat *to* across, 3 sc in the last ch-5-sp, sl st in nxt st, ch 1. Fasten off. Weave in ends.


For the removable strings (make 4):

Ch 120, sl st in 5th ch from hook to create a small hole,
 sl st in each sts across, ch 1, fasten off.

Now insert the end of the string with the small hole in the side of the bottom. Insert and pull the other end of string into the small hole. Repeat for each side.

And you’re done ! 🙂

9 Comments

  1. I'm putting this in my project queue. I have the yarn (Drops Safran) and hook bagged so I can't use them for a different project. I have to outsmart myself sometimes or I forget and use things up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your video and it is incredible! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, just sawyr video n its awesome.i just start to do crochet n im going to do the green bottom bikini.i will send u a pic when i finish.
    do more its beautifull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this much love from 🇯🇲

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for sharing ,you make the pattern easy to follow awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Esther. Your tutorial is easy to follow and the project is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I’ve sent you an e-mail asking for some advise. Could you please tell me the size chart for the other sizes as that portion is missing, plus do I follow the same as the tutorial explains for the other sizes or are they different. Thanks Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried following the size chart for M/L but it's not giving me the 18 rows. The seat keeps getting small. Do I have to follow the same pattern or is it different

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unknown, April 22nd 2020, in the M/L you need to have 21 rows for your decrease and 6 rows of evens (crutch) but the amount for increase rows is missing. I’ve sent her an email asking for that part of the size chart and I’ve had no reply. Unless you can tell me the part of the size chart, I would be very grateful for your help. Lenore

    ReplyDelete